Summer in Gatlinburg: Fun Around Town and at Rocky Top Sports World
Summer is the most popular time to visit Gatlinburg, TN, and it’s easy to see why! From June through August, our Smoky Mountain city boasts beautiful weather and a variety of special events. When you participate in a tournament at Rocky Top Sports World, you’ll be able to take advantage of all the seasonal fun in the Smokies. To help you make the most of your trip, we have put together a convenient guide to everything going on this summer in Gatlinburg.
Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales
From June 9 – July 29, visitors can enjoy free music and entertainment in downtown Gatlinburg as part of the Smoky Mountain Tunes & Tales festival. Each evening, the sidewalks of The Strip will be lined with local musicians, storytellers, and artisans. The festivities begin at 6 p.m. every night of the week.
Free Trolley Rides in Downtown Gatlinburg
The Gatlinburg Trolley is a fun and convenient way to get around the city once you’ve already parked your car. From June 17 – August 12, trolley rides along the downtown Parkway are completely free! When you need a break from walking, you can simply hop on one of these open-air shuttles for a relaxing ride to your favorite destination on The Strip.
Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair
The Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair is the perfect place to pick up a souvenir from your trip to the Smokies! Running from July 14 – July 23 at the Gatlinburg Convention Center, this popular event features over 150 booths selling beautiful handcrafted items. Guests at the fair will enjoy live country and bluegrass music while they browse.
White Water Rafting Season
White water rafting is one of the best ways to cool off during the dog days of summer! Located about 40 minutes outside of Gatlinburg, the Pigeon River is the third most rafted river in the nation. Smoky Mountain Outdoors offers thrilling white water rafting adventures down the Pigeon River that are filled with wet and wild fun.
Summer Tournaments at Rocky Top Sports World
Rocky Top Sports World will be hosting a variety of awesome tournaments this summer! Here are some of the exciting events on our calendar:
- Rocky Top Nationals (June 17 – 18) is an eagerly anticipated basketball tournament for boys and girls in 2nd – 12th grade. The tournament will feature teams from around the Southeast.
- US Amateur Girls Nationals (June 22 – 25) is a wonderful basketball tournament for girls in 3rd – 11th grade. Teams will compete in a pool play before facing off in a bracket competition.
- Hoopz Showcase Summer Championships (July 21 – 23) is one of Rocky Top’s most popular annual events. This basketball tournament is for boys and girls in 3rd – 11th grade.
- Smoky Mountain Cup Round 1 (August 24 – 27) is an excellent high school soccer tournament that attracts teams from across the nation. There will be divisions for both boys and girls.
- Tennessee Miracle Classic (August 25 – 27) is a great basketball tournament for both girls and boys. Teams are guaranteed 3 + games.
Located less than 15 minutes away from downtown Gatlinburg, Rocky Top Sports World is one of the most acclaimed tournament destinations in the Southeast. With 7 fields, 6 basketball courts, 12 volleyball courts, team rooms, and an onsite grill, our state of the art athletic complex has everything required to host the perfect sports event. For more information about all of the tournaments happening this summer in Gatlinburg, check out the Rocky Top Sports World Events Calendar!