This Labor Day Weekend, Rocky Top Sports World will host one of our largest soccer tournaments to date! The Gatlinburg Labor Day Invitational is a two day competition open to youth soccer teams from across the United States. Catering to all levels of play, this exciting Gatlinburg soccer tournament is the perfect way to kick off a three day weekend in Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains. Read on for everything you need to know about this eagerly anticipated event.
When and Where
The Gatlinburg Labor Day Invitational will take place on Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4, 2016. The competition is presented by National Soccer Events, a business that specializes in organizing hassle-free club soccer tournaments. The event will be held at Rocky Top Sports World, located at 1870 Sports World Blvd in Gatlinburg, TN.
The Labor Day Invitational is for competitive youth soccer teams from around the country and is open to both boys and girls. The Gatlinburg soccer tournament will have divisions for ages 9 – 19. The roster limits are as follows:
- Ages 9 – 10 roster limit is 13 for 7v7 matches
- Ages 11 – 12 roster limit is 15 for 9v9 matches and 18 for 11v11 matches
- Ages 12 – 15 roster limit is 18 for 11v11 matches
- Ages 16 – 19 roster limit is 22 but only 18 dress each game for 11v11 matches
There will be a three game minimum for each team and awards will be given for 1st and 2nd place.
The tournament fees for the Gatlinburg Labor Day Invitational vary by age group:
- Ages 9 – 10 (7v7) – $545
- Ages 11 – 12 (9v9) – $645
- Ages 12 – 13 (11v11) – $695
- Ages 14 – 19 (11v11)- $750
There is also a $15 parking pass that is good for the entire weekend. The registration deadline is August 13, 2016. You can sign up for the tournament here.
Labor Day Fun in Gatlinburg
After the Gatlinburg soccer tournament ends on Sunday, you will have Labor Day free to enjoy some fun in the Smoky Mountain area! Gatlinburg is one of the most popular vacation destinations in America and it is absolutely loaded with awesome attractions and activities. Here are just a few things to do in the region during your three day weekend:
- Go for a hike or a scenic drive in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Take an exhilarating white water rafting trip down the Pigeon River with Smoky Mountain Outdoors.
- See over 10,000 exotic sea creatures at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- Try ziplining or mountain biking at CLIMB Works.
- Pick up some souvenirs from the studios and galleries in the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community.
Rocky Top Sports World has quickly become one of the leading tournament destinations in the Southeast. Located 15 minutes away from downtown Gatlinburg, our 80 acre campus has everything you need for an unforgettable sports event. Highlights of our multi-million dollar complex include seven outdoor fields, plenty of bleacher seating, an 86,000 square foot indoor center, and an onsite grill. To see a complete listing of everything going on at Rocky Top Sports World this year, check out our Gatlinburg sports events calendar!